Johnny Cupcakes Addict

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Johnny Cupcakes Addict

Doing More of What Makes Us Happy

5 posters

Pick ups

cupcakes1307
    Cupcake Connoisseur
    Cupcake Connoisseur

Pick ups Empty Pick ups

Post by cupcakes1307 Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:32 pm

For the anniversary a and sitcm do they allow you to get more then one of the numbered shirts like the 5 year anniversary, or do you have to go back in line?
    ScottyKing
    ScottyKing
    Admin
    Admin

Pick ups Empty Re: Pick ups

Post by ScottyKing Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:38 pm

The rule is usually 1 per sex per person.. so you can get 1 guys shirt and 1 girls shirt. thats usually applies to numbered shirts only. And after that you have to get back in line and then you can buy as many as you want.
    cupcakes1307
    Cupcake Connoisseur
    Cupcake Connoisseur

Post by cupcakes1307 Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:46 pm

Ok just wanted to make sure I wasn't able to do a pickup, I was by myself and didnt bother to ask if I could get two anniversary shirts because I assumed its one per person
    Jack Bandit
    Jack Bandit
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jack Bandit Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:03 pm

In Boston+MV they let you do one for yourself and one pick up (either sex).

LA just likes to be different! (:
    cupcakes1307
    Cupcake Connoisseur
    Cupcake Connoisseur

Post by cupcakes1307 Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:14 pm

That sucks its bs people buy it to jack up the price to 150-200 for a shirt I waited 8 hours and got my size but there was still 80 people behind me that probably missed out..and not to mention everyone in here trying to get the pick up
    Jarvis1901
    Jarvis1901

Post by Jarvis1901 Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:37 pm

The worst part is the guy selling all these shirts probably brought someone with him to buy extras. We have a few that do it here in Boston too. We know who the resellers are here.
    cupcakes1307
    Cupcake Connoisseur
    Cupcake Connoisseur

Post by cupcakes1307 Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:01 pm

It's a dick move... Like next time ill see if people would be willing to kick in a little extra for the shirt to talk my sisters into waiting with me so I can do pick ups for people on here you know... I appreciate the help with the poster from you and would like to return the favor and stuff... It just upsets me lol even on here the posters that went and bought them to sell for 150 on here like I look at this as a community to help eachother out not to try and come up on one another
    Jarvis1901
    Jarvis1901

Post by Jarvis1901 Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:07 pm

Dont worry about the few, there is nothing we can do to stop it as people are always willing to pay lots of extra money. I do pickups of limited items once the line is thru. Boston is never as bad as LA which is good. Johnny has curbed the amount of limited items you can buy online which is helpful in stopping resellers.
    Jack Bandit
    Jack Bandit
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jack Bandit Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:14 pm

cupcakes1307 wrote:It's a dick move... Like next time ill see if people would be willing to kick in a little extra for the shirt to talk my sisters into waiting with me so I can do pick ups for people on here you know... I appreciate the help with the poster from you and would like to return the favor and stuff... It just upsets me lol even on here the posters that went and bought them to sell for 150 on here like I look at this as a community to help eachother out not to try and come up on one another

This is how I originally felt as well. However over time you go to events and realize nothing will stop resellers. Like Andrew said, we know who the resellers are and even some of the staff have a good idea. It's unfortunate but happens in any community that sells limited items.
    cupcakes1307
    Cupcake Connoisseur
    Cupcake Connoisseur

Post by cupcakes1307 Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:24 pm

I remember when they would have exclusive shirts weeks after and there's be no issue lol now it's bigger so people exploit it more... When I was at the la event I was talking to johnny about jcaddict and the community with in it. I wonder why LA is worse with pick ups and stuff I was in line from 10:30 am and went into the store at 7pm if I went back in line to try and get a pick up They would have been sold out of the mens. Just unfortunate lol
    Jarvis1901
    Jarvis1901

Post by Jarvis1901 Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:27 pm

I just think LA has more of a line due to more fans of the brand being on the west coast and there is only one store there, where as we have 3 within an 1 1/2 hours of each other. LA I think is also easier for more people to get to out there and lets face it is alot bigger than Boston population wise. I think eventually it will be no pickups until everyone in line goes thru once. Which I wouldn't mind either.
    ScottyKing
    ScottyKing
    Admin
    Admin

Post by ScottyKing Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:57 pm

Actually everyone comes to LA to see Scotty King. Bahahaha jk.
    cyberwlf9
    cyberwlf9
    Cupcake-a-holic!
    Cupcake-a-holic!

Post by cyberwlf9 Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:46 pm

ScottyKing wrote:Actually everyone comes to LA to see Scotty King. Bahahaha jk.

Way to spoil the secret Scotty. Now everyone knows.

ALL HAIL THE king

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:47 am