Johnny Cupcakes Addict

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Johnny Cupcakes Addict

Doing More of What Makes Us Happy

2 posters

Johnny Earle (Johnny Cupcakes) explantation on Fairfax shirts

Jack Bandit
    Jack Bandit
    Admin
    Admin

Johnny Earle (Johnny Cupcakes) explantation on Fairfax shirts Empty Johnny Earle (Johnny Cupcakes) explantation on Fairfax shirts

Post by Jack Bandit Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:53 am

Johnny just called me and is well aware of the Fairfax concern spreading around. He asked me to post this informing you on what happened. For those who do not know, Johnny Cupcakes LA posted a picture of a Johnny Cupcakes x Fairfax High School (Los Angeles) shirt that looked very similar to the London 2yr. Anniversary Lion.

Johnny did a lecture at the Fairfax High School in Los Angeles recently and after the lecture, the student body came up and approached him to make a senior class shirt (I'm sure we all remember seniors had a class shirt). They needed something fairly quickly within a few weeks and kept pushing for a shirt to be made for the class.  

Johnny looked and saw the school mascot (as shown here http://www.friendsoffairfax.org/ ) and noticed the striking similarities of the design for the London 2yr. Lion. He almost felt he stole the schools design and felt it only right to produce a SMALL batch for the senior class at a student discount. He stated it was eerie how well it fit the schools design and the high school being located so close to his LA shop. They came up with a reworked variant of the London 2yr. design. Johnny only produced a small batch that was NOT sold to the public or anyone besides the Fairfax Senior class at that student discount. JC LA employees that were graduates of Fairfax could not even buy them.

Just throwing this out there that a similar instance happened in the past regarding the Wu-Tang shirt. For those who do not know, the Wu-tang shirt was originally printed in the early days of Johnny Cupcakes when Johnny was selling shirt out of his car. The design was tweaked a bit and was released again during the Suitcase Tour. No harm or foul was called upon this and many saw that design as a hit and a variation of the original shirt. As a collector, I have both variations (original and suitcase tour) of the shirt and makes me strive to get something rare. I'll most definitely be on the hunt for this Fairfax variant. To those who have been at an anniversary and event, they know that the shirt is kinda secondary. The events to me and I know of others in Boston are all about getting together and sharing stories with each other. If you went and waited at the London event, you share a special memory and experience than the Fairfax High Schoolers did.

I mentioned to Johnny that a big concern for Londoners are the lack of exclusive designs. He wanted me to tell the London people that he understands that they have not received an original exclusive design in awhile and definitely has plans to fix that. This was not planned and did not have enough time to design something completely different within the allotted frame the school gave him. He hopes everyone understands that this was last minute and only done only for the Fairfax seniors. P.S London Johnny has a surprise for you, you are getting the actual ninja turtles coming to your store!
    Jeff Thomas
    Jeff Thomas
    Cupcake-a-holic!
    Cupcake-a-holic!

Johnny Earle (Johnny Cupcakes) explantation on Fairfax shirts Empty Re: Johnny Earle (Johnny Cupcakes) explantation on Fairfax shirts

Post by Jeff Thomas Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:29 am

Sent you a PM Smile

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:55 pm