Johnny Cupcakes Addict

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Johnny Cupcakes Addict

Doing More of What Makes Us Happy

+10
VyleKidovich
barneszy
bandit.andrew
Jeff Thomas
JohnnyMuffins
Cupcaking Cobra
zempter
ScottyKing
arielledowneyjr
Darrenohooligan
14 posters

sizing rant

Darrenohooligan
    Darrenohooligan
    Cupcake Connoisseur
    Cupcake Connoisseur

sizing rant Empty sizing rant

Post by Darrenohooligan Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:07 am

So I went to the LA store today and picked up the black crackle and the new fast script.. when I got home and went to wash the fast script I tried it on and it fit horrilbe. The material was super thin, the arms were really short and the length was super long. I chekced the tag, large? Thnking nothing of it also tried on my new praying mitts.... and guess what... super thin cheap feeling, small arms and super long length... (I already washed and shrunk the praying mitts) I'm just a little bummed out that the fit on the shirts as of late has been horrible. A lot of my older shirts are fine and fit perfect but this last year has been rough to say the least, just about every one of my shirts has to be shrunk. I understand the desire and want to use american apparel tees but why do hanes beefy tees and fruit of the loom shirts fit more consistently? Sorry just needed to get that off my chest... Crying or Very sad 
    arielledowneyjr
    arielledowneyjr
    Cupcake Junky
    Cupcake Junky

sizing rant Empty Re: sizing rant

Post by arielledowneyjr Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:22 am

How's the black crackle tee fit?
    ScottyKing
    ScottyKing
    Admin
    Admin

Post by ScottyKing Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:35 am

Those 2 i believe are both made by the new company JC is using. they are no longer using AA on some of their shirts as well as using a new printer. these shirts are most probably the ones made in Guatemala (if you check the back of the size tag it should say made in Guatemala). they are preshrunk and have shorter sleeve. i was told by the LA staff that they are being used to save some money but they are also just a trial run to see what people think. i was told they have a "Ralph Lauren" type feel to them.
    Darrenohooligan
    Darrenohooligan
    Cupcake Connoisseur
    Cupcake Connoisseur

Post by Darrenohooligan Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:35 am

ScottyKing wrote:Those 2 i believe are both made by the new company JC is using. they are no longer using AA on some of their shirts as well as using a new printer. these shirts are most probably the ones made in Guatemala (if you check the back of the size tag it should say made in Guatemala). they are preshrunk and have shorter sleeve. i was told by the LA staff that they are being used to save some money but they are also just a trial run to see what people think. i was told they have a "Ralph Lauren" type feel to them.  

Well that would explain a lot. I just checked mitts and you are correct sir. Theres no way these are preshrunk, they're very long and mitts shrunk when I washed it. theres no way the sleeves on the medium would fit me... are they all going to this or just black?? I really hope this doesn't happen. I think its clear what I think... lol so what does everyone else think

Arielle the black crackle is perfect btw...
    ScottyKing
    ScottyKing
    Admin
    Admin

Post by ScottyKing Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:54 am

oh hm i was misinformed about them being preshrunk but i was told that the classics will be on those shirts. i dont know for how long but i dont like them at all. i couldnt fit into a large (like i can with the AA shirts) so i had to go with an XL and its just too big and the sleeves are too wide and not long enough.
    Darrenohooligan
    Darrenohooligan
    Cupcake Connoisseur
    Cupcake Connoisseur

Post by Darrenohooligan Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:53 am

Glad to see im not the only one. Its amazing how off it really is... and to make it worse, on the fast script tee the crossbones on the back is lower than the rest of em and looks totally bootlegged. Its crazy tbh.
    zempter
    Freshly Baked
    Freshly Baked

Post by zempter Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:49 am

That's funny because earlier today I had been talking to my wife about sizing issues on my last few Johnny Cupcakes shirts. Our conversation was the same as what you've described: short sleeves and a long torso (although I kinda like that last part). I just checked the tags and it said Made in Guatemala. Good to know it wasn't my imagination!
    Cupcaking Cobra
    Cupcaking Cobra
    Cupcake Connoisseur
    Cupcake Connoisseur

Post by Cupcaking Cobra Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:21 pm

I hope they go back to the old shirts because I am not liking the new ones. This just means I am going to save money because I don't like the way they feel and look.
    JohnnyMuffins
    JohnnyMuffins
    Cupcake Connoisseur
    Cupcake Connoisseur

Post by JohnnyMuffins Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:37 am

just got the new praying mitts and it is terrible. I have an original and the print is smaller and has many imperfections. it feels like they hold up after a few washes. beyond bummed
    Jeff Thomas
    Jeff Thomas
    Cupcake-a-holic!
    Cupcake-a-holic!

Post by Jeff Thomas Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:19 am

Curious to see if this lasts printing on this new T from Guatemala, being theres a lot of displeasure with it.
    Would be nice if there was a disclaimer or something on the sizing description for the shirt.
    Darrenohooligan
    Darrenohooligan
    Cupcake Connoisseur
    Cupcake Connoisseur

Post by Darrenohooligan Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:59 pm

Jeff Thomas wrote:Curious to see if this lasts printing on this new T from Guatemala, being theres a lot of displeasure with it.
    Would be nice if there was a disclaimer or something on the sizing description for the shirt.

I was thinking the same thing. Or even something on the blog to give us a heads up. And it seems that it's only the classics right now correct? ?
    ScottyKing
    ScottyKing
    Admin
    Admin

Post by ScottyKing Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:43 pm

i was told only classics. but im not 100% sure.
    Jeff Thomas
    Jeff Thomas
    Cupcake-a-holic!
    Cupcake-a-holic!

Post by Jeff Thomas Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:08 am

Darrenohooligan wrote:
    Jeff Thomas wrote:Curious to see if this lasts printing on this new T from Guatemala, being theres a lot of displeasure with it.

I was thinking the same thing. Or even something on the blog to give us a heads up. And it seems that it's only the classics right now correct? ?

ScottyKing wrote:i was told only classics. but im not 100% sure.

I heard only classics as well.
    Cupcaking Cobra
    Cupcaking Cobra
    Cupcake Connoisseur
    Cupcake Connoisseur

Post by Cupcaking Cobra Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:17 am

If its only classics, I am fine with that. I did talk to some of the guys from the LA store and they mentioned most shirts would now be on the Guatemala shirts, I hope that's not true.
    Jeff Thomas
    Jeff Thomas
    Cupcake-a-holic!
    Cupcake-a-holic!

Post by Jeff Thomas Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:29 am

Cupcaking Cobra wrote:If its only classics, I am fine with that. I did talk to some of the guys from the LA store and they mentioned most shirts would now be on the Guatemala shirts, I hope that's not true.

Interesting... If true, maybe they'll be some sort of official announcement made?
    Darrenohooligan
    Darrenohooligan
    Cupcake Connoisseur
    Cupcake Connoisseur

Post by Darrenohooligan Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:30 am

Jeff Thomas wrote:

Cupcaking Cobra wrote:If its only classics, I am fine with that. I did talk to some of the guys from the LA store and they mentioned most shirts would now be on the Guatemala shirts, I hope that's not true.

Interesting... If true, maybe they'll be some sort of official announcement made?

I Really hope so. At least were not surprised when we get em and find out after the fact.

So I wore my new fast script yesterday and scotty might be right about them being preshrunk. It seemed to fit the same for the most part after I tried shrinking it. However my new praying mitts seems to have shrank. The one real problem that I have it the extremely short arms and the cheap look and feel of em. It does appear that if they do all go to the new tees, there are gonna be some unhappy people.
    bandit.andrew
    bandit.andrew
    Taste Tester
    Taste Tester

Post by bandit.andrew Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:27 pm

Random question, why do they keep changing companies? I felt the older shirts fit better and lasted longer.
    JohnnyMuffins
    JohnnyMuffins
    Cupcake Connoisseur
    Cupcake Connoisseur

Post by JohnnyMuffins Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:15 pm

will they still be imbedding the graphic into shirts or just screen printing on top. these new praying mitts won't hold up in the wash like the original imbedded one. bummer
    barneszy
    barneszy
    Taste Tester
    Taste Tester

Post by barneszy Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:35 pm

These new shirts are awful...
    VyleKidovich
    VyleKidovich
    Taste Tester
    Taste Tester

Post by VyleKidovich Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:33 am

Yea I talked to the London guys about that and they told me that it all depends on how many shirts of that particular one are being produced. So if it's something they'll have a ton of, like BK Shredder, they'll use the cheaper shirts to print them on. But if it's a limited one like the LA 5 Year, they'll print them on the better quality shirts.
    zempter
    Freshly Baked
    Freshly Baked

Post by zempter Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:19 pm

VyleKidovich wrote:Yea I talked to the London guys about that and they told me that it all depends on how many shirts of that particular one are being produced. So if it's something they'll have a ton of, like BK Shredder, they'll use the cheaper shirts to print them on. But if it's a limited one like the LA 5 Year, they'll print them on the better quality shirts.

I was OK with it just being the Classics, but it may be the end of my JC shirt collecting days if this is true. The sleeves on the new shirts are just way too short.
    SolowTC
    SolowTC
    Taste Tester
    Taste Tester

Post by SolowTC Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:25 pm

I was OK with it just being the Classics, but it may be the end of my JC shirt collecting days if this is true. The sleeves on the new shirts are just way too short.

Agreed.
    This new shirt quality wise is a very noticeable difference over the old shirts. Hopefully it's only the classics that are affected.
    steviet_
    Taste Tester
    Taste Tester

Post by steviet_ Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:12 pm

I got the Original Receipe Crest for christmas and it feels really thin and cheap. Washed once and shrunk ridiculously! I'm confused though as the label says its made in USA.

The quality is nowhere near other recent ones I've bought such as the Reaper one at Halloween. If this ends up the new standard, I'll sadly be leaving the brand :-(
    chubby72
    Taste Tester
    Taste Tester

Post by chubby72 Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:26 am

VyleKidovich wrote:Yea I talked to the London guys about that and they told me that it all depends on how many shirts of that particular one are being produced. So if it's something they'll have a ton of, like BK Shredder, they'll use the cheaper shirts to print them on. But if it's a limited one like the LA 5 Year, they'll print them on the better quality shirts.

I agree with u I love the way the 5year l.a aneversary shirt feels an the length wise to I think it's good
    moranc16
    Freshly Baked
    Freshly Baked

Post by moranc16 Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:40 pm

I wonder if this whole new shirt thing is the reason why the classics tees are currently on sale for $25 this week? I was thinking of purchasing a few til I saw this thread. If they're going to use cheaper shirts from now on, they should at least drop the price. No reason to be charing $35+ for crappy shirt quality.

The thing I like best about JC is that he produces quality items and didn't cut corners by using lesser quality shirts.. and the whole packaging is a bonus. So if he's gonna start using these new terrible shirts that aren't up there in quality, then I don't see why I should continue supporting this brand if I don't believe I'm getting what I paid for.
    moranc16
    Freshly Baked
    Freshly Baked

Post by moranc16 Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:01 pm

Update: According to someone from their customer service team, they said they were just testing out this manufacture and don't plan on moving forward with them in the future. So after this current batch of "Big Kid on Gray, Fast Script, Happiness, Panda, Praying Mitts, and War on black", we shouldn't see that new shirt being used for future releases.
    SolowTC
    SolowTC
    Taste Tester
    Taste Tester

Post by SolowTC Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:48 pm

moranc16 wrote:Update: According to someone from their customer service team, they said they were just testing out this manufacture and don't plan on moving forward with them in the future. So after this current batch of "Big Kid on Gray, Fast Script, Happiness, Panda, Praying Mitts, and War on black", we shouldn't see that new shirt being used for future releases.

That's great to hear! :)
    Darrenohooligan
    Darrenohooligan
    Cupcake Connoisseur
    Cupcake Connoisseur

Post by Darrenohooligan Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:15 am

moranc16 wrote:Update: According to someone from their customer service team, they said they were just testing out this manufacture and don't plan on moving forward with them in the future. So after this current batch of "Big Kid on Gray, Fast Script, Happiness, Panda, Praying Mitts, and War on black", we shouldn't see that new shirt being used for future releases.

I speak for all of us when I say I hope this is true. I never.minded spending the money on a quality tee but I also felt ripped off spending $36 for a cheap tee that fit horribly. God i really hipe this is true...... I would assume they're trying to blow out these cheap shirts hence the price drop.
    Jeff Thomas
    Jeff Thomas
    Cupcake-a-holic!
    Cupcake-a-holic!

Post by Jeff Thomas Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:27 am

SolowTC wrote:

That's great to hear! Smile

This, great news... Like to think that the staff & team have got wind of the complaints over the quality of the new shirts.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:06 pm