Johnny Cupcakes Addict

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Johnny Cupcakes Addict

Doing More of What Makes Us Happy

+17
Jeff Thomas
jcwgjc
NicholasP38
TomWin
gigchick
Jamboree
matthius23
Jack Bandit
jsaphier86
littlejoe152
marvin980
ScottyKing
todd_wrx
Jarvis1901
cyberwlf9
RawrCupcake
SolowTC
21 posters

Boy Scouts pins

SolowTC
    SolowTC
    Taste Tester
    Taste Tester

Boy Scouts pins Empty Boy Scouts pins

Post by SolowTC Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:49 pm

I was on eBay and I saw these pins
    http://r.ebay.com/V1tFyr

Are these legit? Ive never heard of these before and it looks like they have already been sold.
    RawrCupcake
    RawrCupcake
    Taste Tester
    Taste Tester

Boy Scouts pins Empty Re: Boy Scouts pins

Post by RawrCupcake Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:30 pm

They are legit. They were made for a Boy Scout troop to sell as part of a fund raiser. That same seller keeps selling them and raising the price. The first two sets sold for 15 then 20 then 22, 25, and so on. All buy it now. They just recently posted a set for 100 and one for 50. Sad
    cyberwlf9
    cyberwlf9
    Cupcake-a-holic!
    Cupcake-a-holic!

Post by cyberwlf9 Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:58 pm

I saw them too. That's a crazy price for pins! Hopefully they didn't sell at the asking price or a dangerous precedent for pin prices has been set.
    SolowTC
    SolowTC
    Taste Tester
    Taste Tester

Post by SolowTC Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:07 pm

wow thats crazy I never heard of these before.
    Thanks for the information! averaging a price of about 8 a pin is ridiculous though.
    Jarvis1901
    Jarvis1901

Post by Jarvis1901 Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:14 pm

That wouldn't be a precedent at all. Pins depending on the rarity have sold for alot more than 8 dollars a pin on here and ebay. These are pretty rare in the fact I have never seen them since this person on ebay started selling them.
    SolowTC
    SolowTC
    Taste Tester
    Taste Tester

Post by SolowTC Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:22 pm

That's true I've never heard or seen them before this seller; was there ever a blog post or any mention of them by Johnny or the crew?
    todd_wrx
    todd_wrx
    Cupcake Connoisseur
    Cupcake Connoisseur

Post by todd_wrx Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:26 pm

Jarvis1901 wrote:That wouldn't be a precedent at all. Pins depending on the rarity have sold for alot more than 8 dollars a pin on here and ebay. These are pretty rare in the fact I have never seen them since this person on ebay started selling them.

They were only made last week and only given to Boy Scouts to sell/collect/trade, which is probably why you had not seen them. Interested to know exactly how many he has and what retail was supposed to be for the fundraiser.

Also just to clarify, the $100 auction was for 2 sets (12 pins), so $50 each.
    Jarvis1901
    Jarvis1901

Post by Jarvis1901 Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:27 pm

I've never seen it. Maybe Tomwin would know because I know he got them prior to them being on ebay from someone.
    cyberwlf9
    cyberwlf9
    Cupcake-a-holic!
    Cupcake-a-holic!

Post by cyberwlf9 Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:29 pm

Precedent was the wrong word; guess I meant to convey that you don't see rare pins that often on ebay & usually you don't see pins sell for that much.
    ScottyKing
    ScottyKing
    Admin
    Admin

Post by ScottyKing Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:26 pm

The started off at a fair price but it seems after people messaged them and they realized there was much more demand, they raised the price. Nothing wrong with that especially if they aren't collectors or dont know about the brand. But that's just my opinion. It seems like they didn't buy with the intent to sell for crazy prices.
    cyberwlf9
    cyberwlf9
    Cupcake-a-holic!
    Cupcake-a-holic!

Post by cyberwlf9 Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:38 pm

This is true. Didn't buy then turn right around and sell at a ridiculously inflated rate. Still pretty dang high price for a tiny round piece of metal with a pointy needle on the back though.
    ScottyKing
    ScottyKing
    Admin
    Admin

Post by ScottyKing Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:33 pm

well ive been told the pins are for a fundraiser... so the point is to make as much money as you can as opposed to making the bare minimum. right?
    todd_wrx
    todd_wrx
    Cupcake Connoisseur
    Cupcake Connoisseur

Post by todd_wrx Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:50 am

ScottyDuchess wrote:well ive been told the pins are for a fundraiser... so the point is to make as much money as you can as opposed to making the bare minimum. right?

True, but fundraising for who? The scouts or the seller? A jc blog post would be good to clear up the confusion. Were they donated to the local troop by jc with the intent of selling them (for as much as possible I guess) to raise money? The troop gives them to members and members then sell like any normal fundraiser. What are all the other members doing? It wouldn't make sense for jc to just give them as a gift for keeping, why would they want that? But then it does mention that they could be using for trading at the jamboree thing so maybe scouts collect pins from local clothing brands. Idk, and i dont really care if people want to pay that much let them.
    ScottyKing
    ScottyKing
    Admin
    Admin

Post by ScottyKing Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:18 am

When I wa talking to the seller they said the are selling them to get the funds to go to Jamboree. Idk whether that counts as pocketing the money or going towards the Boy Scouts. But eh.
    Jarvis1901
    Jarvis1901

Post by Jarvis1901 Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:19 pm

He cancelled the two auctions I won stating that he was messaged by the troops and JC. They originally sold for 9 dollars and weren't supposed to be sold for more than that. He offered to sell them to me for 9 dollars so I am waiting to get a response back as I still want them.
    RawrCupcake
    RawrCupcake
    Taste Tester
    Taste Tester

Post by RawrCupcake Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:43 pm

Jarvis1901 wrote:He cancelled the two auctions I won stating that he was messaged by the troops and JC. They originally sold for 9 dollars and weren't supposed to be sold for more than that. He offered to sell them to me for 9 dollars so I am waiting to get a response back as I still want them.

I got the same message
    cyberwlf9
    cyberwlf9
    Cupcake-a-holic!
    Cupcake-a-holic!

Post by cyberwlf9 Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:54 pm

That doesn't happen everyday..
    marvin980
    marvin980
    Cupcake Connoisseur
    Cupcake Connoisseur

Post by marvin980 Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:59 pm

RawrCupcake wrote:
    Jarvis1901 wrote:He cancelled the two auctions I won stating that he was messaged by the troops and JC. They originally sold for 9 dollars and weren't supposed to be sold for more than that. He offered to sell them to me for 9 dollars so I am waiting to get a response back as I still want them.

I got the same message

Yepp, I also got the same message. Just waiting on a reply.
    littlejoe152
    littlejoe152
    Cupcake-a-holic!
    Cupcake-a-holic!

Post by littlejoe152 Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:02 pm

i have emailed him to see if he will sell me some Very Happy used to be in the scouts ages ago!
    jsaphier86
    jsaphier86
    Taste Tester
    Taste Tester

Post by jsaphier86 Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:31 pm

I know two people are taking orders for these pins at retail ($3 per pack) they are both collecting money and then placing a large order through the family then sending them out to us. Look on the JCA Facebook group. Hpe this helps
    Jarvis1901
    Jarvis1901

Post by Jarvis1901 Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:39 pm

I have contacted the group. I am placing my own order. The woman Julie from the email response said they are trying to setup an ebay account. She said I could just mail them a check or money order plus 2 dollars shipping for each set. Im mailing my order out tomorrow.
    Jack Bandit
    Jack Bandit
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jack Bandit Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:56 pm

Yeah I have two email address if anyone needs them.
    matthius23
    matthius23
    Taste Tester
    Taste Tester

Post by matthius23 Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:13 am

jsaphier86 wrote:I know two people are taking orders for these pins at retail ($3 per pack) they are both collecting money and then placing a large order through the family then sending them out to us. Look on the JCA Facebook group. Hpe this helps

Here's the JCA Facebook thread - https://www.facebook.com/groups/johnnycupcakesaddict/permalink/498281053555292/
    Jamboree
    Half-baked

Boy Scouts pins Empty Where to get Boy Scout Pins...at retail, as intend

Post by Jamboree Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:05 pm

You can purchase the pins at a website called Bargain Mama's. I cannot post the link until I have been a member for 6 more days, but feel free to do it for me.

Hello from the Home town of John Earle & Johnny Cupcakes.

This is the least expensive place to purchase them online & goes directly to who it is intended to go to. I hope this helps.

We love the pins & invite you to spread the word & tell us what you think.
    Jack Bandit
    Jack Bandit
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jack Bandit Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:06 pm

Jamboree wrote:You can purchase the pins at a website called Bargain Mama's. I cannot post the link until I have been a member for 6 more days, but feel free to do it for me.

Hello from the Home town of John Earle & Johnny Cupcakes.

This is the least expensive place to purchase them online & goes directly to who it is intended to go to. I hope this helps.

We love the pins & invite you to spread the word & tell us what you think.
    Here you go
    http://bargainmamasdeals.com/deals/limited-edition-johnny-cupcakes-boy-scout-pin-packs/

I didnt use the link...I'm just posting it for the user above.
    Jamboree
    Half-baked

Boy Scouts pins Empty The Bargain Mama's is the legitimate site

Post by Jamboree Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:18 pm

Dear Cupcake Addicts. The Bargain Mama's is the official outlet for the SCOUT JAMBOREE PINS. also if someone would like to travel to Hull, MA to purchase the pins...either myself or another committee member will meet you to sell them in bulk. (Check with us first, because we never anticipated the sales to be this high.) Some of you have Julie's email already, but through the Bargain Mama's is the fastest way to get them.

We also are sponsoring a race & JC is involved in that. Pins, coupons, etc will be included in the 5K packet. If anybody is interested, please reply & I will post that, also.

Of course, Hull is the little island where Johnny Cupcakes began & the scout house is two doors down...so this was a great thing they did for us. We have 16 boys going to Jamboree 2013. We/JC Hull are the only ones that have the pins. We don't want you to have to purchase them second hand.

They will be highly collectible, because not only is JC merchandise collectible, there is a huge market for dated Jamboree memorabilia.

THANKS FOR ALL OF THE INTEREST!!! Jillian
    Jarvis1901
    Jarvis1901

Post by Jarvis1901 Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:33 pm

Jamboree wrote:Dear Cupcake Addicts. The Bargain Mama's is the official outlet for the SCOUT JAMBOREE PINS. also if someone would like to travel to Hull, MA to purchase the pins...either myself or another committee member will meet you to sell them in bulk. (Check with us first, because we never anticipated the sales to be this high.) Some of you have Julie's email already, but through the Bargain Mama's is the fastest way to get them.

We also are sponsoring a race & JC is involved in that. Pins, coupons, etc will be included in the 5K packet. If anybody is interested, please reply & I will post that, also.Of course, Hull is the little island where Johnny Cupcakes began & the scout house is two doors down...so this was a great thing they did for us. We have 16 boys going to Jamboree 2013. We/JC Hull are the only ones that have the pins. We don't want you to have to purchase them second hand.

They will be highly collectible, because not only is JC merchandise collectible, there is a huge market for dated Jamboree memorabilia.

Thanks for the link. I just paid for a bunch, its easier for me thru paypal versus trying to dig out my check book.

Thank for the information.
    Jack Bandit
    Jack Bandit
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jack Bandit Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:58 pm

Jamboree wrote:Dear Cupcake Addicts. The Bargain Mama's is the official outlet for the SCOUT JAMBOREE PINS. also if someone would like to travel to Hull, MA to purchase the pins...either myself or another committee member will meet you to sell them in bulk. (Check with us first, because we never anticipated the sales to be this high.) Some of you have Julie's email already, but through the Bargain Mama's is the fastest way to get them.

We also are sponsoring a race & JC is involved in that. Pins, coupons, etc will be included in the 5K packet. If anybody is interested, please reply & I will post that, also.

Of course, Hull is the little island where Johnny Cupcakes began & the scout house is two doors down...so this was a great thing they did for us. We have 16 boys going to Jamboree 2013. We/JC Hull are the only ones that have the pins. We don't want you to have to purchase them second hand.

Are there any plans for any other JCxHull Scouts fundraisers in the work for the 5k race? =)

littlejoe152
    littlejoe152
    Cupcake-a-holic!
    Cupcake-a-holic!

Post by littlejoe152 Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:14 pm

Johnny should make the big kid scout into a shirt then make some of the funds go towards the scouts! would be awesome!
    Jack Bandit
    Jack Bandit
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jack Bandit Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:15 pm

littlejoe152 wrote:Johnny should make the big kid scout into a shirt then make some of the funds go towards the scouts! would be awesome!
    Thats what I'd love too. It'd be pretty sweet

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:35 am