Johnny Cupcakes Addict

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Johnny Cupcakes Addict

Doing More of What Makes Us Happy

4 posters

LA Exclusive and other JC New Era for sale

Abovetheson
    Half-baked

LA Exclusive and other JC New Era for sale Empty LA Exclusive and other JC New Era for sale

Post by Abovetheson Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:18 pm

La Lakers color way in 7 1/8 new w/o tags (purple with yellow logos)

Creme w/ Red bill and blue grommets in 7 1/8. Think it was a Summer edition for 2011. Has micro designs on the bottom side of bill.

Photos by request or check them out on eBay. My user ID is abovetheson.

Asking $40 for the Lakers color way and $30 for the other.
    Jack Bandit
    Jack Bandit
    Admin
    Admin

LA Exclusive and other JC New Era for sale Empty Re: LA Exclusive and other JC New Era for sale

Post by Jack Bandit Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:25 pm

With it being washed does that typically shrink the hat a little. I'm right between the 7 and 7 1/8 size

Also can you post a picture of the water stained area?
    cyberwlf9
    cyberwlf9
    Cupcake-a-holic!
    Cupcake-a-holic!

LA Exclusive and other JC New Era for sale Empty Re: LA Exclusive and other JC New Era for sale

Post by cyberwlf9 Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:49 pm

Jack_the_Bandit wrote:With it being washed does that typically shrink the hat a little. I'm right between the 7 and 7 1/8 size

Hey Jack, not to hijack the thread but I'd say it varies with washing hats depending on whether you use a hat shell or not. I've tried to shrink my hats by getting the entire hat damp then throwing it in the dryer & checking it every couple of minutes but there doesn't seem to be much difference. Getting the band wet & just wearing the hat to let it mold to your head is usually the best practice. And SHOUT works great on getting water stains out.
    Abovetheson
    Half-baked

Post by Abovetheson Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:25 pm

Jack_the_Bandit wrote:With it being washed does that typically shrink the hat a little. I'm right between the 7 and 7 1/8 size

I'll send photos to your email if you'd like. I'm
    Not using a desktop and sending photos via email would be much easier hahah.

Also, I've some some success with older 59fifty hats shrinking after wearing and letting sweat shrink it over time. Also, fully submersing and drying the hat has worked to some degree, but if you're worried about the stickers, I wouldn't really recommend it. Cyberwlf9 made a good point about Shout working on water stains. I've used it on old hats, but haven't on the JC one because I have never worn it to really attempt cleaning.
    Abovetheson
    Half-baked

Post by Abovetheson Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:26 pm

cyberwlf9 wrote:

Hey Jack, not to hijack the thread but I'd say it varies with washing hats depending on whether you use a hat shell or not. I've tried to shrink my hats by getting the entire hat damp then throwing it in the dryer & checking it every couple of minutes but there doesn't seem to be much difference. Getting the band wet & just wearing the hat to let it mold to your head is usually the best practice. And SHOUT works great on getting water stains out.

Hey man! Did those hats come in? Thanks for recommending this place!
    Jack Bandit
    Jack Bandit
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Jack Bandit Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:33 pm

cyberwlf9 wrote:

Oh awesome. I may need to try this on some 7 1/8 hats. It's weird for normally new era hats I'm a 7 1/4 but for these JC new era hats I'm like a 7. Huge drop off. I may message you op about some pictures. Thanks for answering my questions!
    cyberwlf9
    cyberwlf9
    Cupcake-a-holic!
    Cupcake-a-holic!

Post by cyberwlf9 Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:46 pm

Jack_the_Bandit wrote:
    cyberwlf9 wrote:

Oh awesome. I may need to try this on some 7 1/8 hats. It's weird for normally new era hats I'm a 7 1/4 but for these JC new era hats I'm like a 7. Huge drop off. I may message you op about some pictures. Thanks for answering my questions!

Weird. Jc hats run a tad small on me. I sometimes need to size up to 7 3/8 from my usual 7 1/4.

I just got 2 AMAZING hats from Abovetheson. They're in great shape & I feel they fit true to size maybe just a touch smaller but that's my perfect fit for hats.
    bats11
    bats11
    Taste Tester
    Taste Tester

Post by bats11 Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Abovetheson wrote:La Lakers color way in 7 1/8 new w/o tags (purple with yellow logos)

Creme w/ Red bill and blue grommets in 7 1/8. Think it was a Summer edition for 2011. Has micro designs on the bottom side of bill.

Photos by request or check them out on eBay. My user ID is abovetheson.

Asking $40 for the Lakers color way and $30 for the other.

If they are still available, mind posting pics? Kinda interested in both

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:54 pm